By memorandum dated July 29, 2010, the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (USDI) issued a requirement for Department of Defense (DoD) components to transition to electronic capture and submission of fingerprint images in support of all background investigations by December 31, 2013. In connection with Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) preparations to comply with this mandate, DCSA has issued guidance to assist companies participating in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) to transition to electronic fingerprinting.
IsI opened the first Digital Fingerprinting Station in Herndon, Virginia to all Defense Contractors on November 1st, 2012 in compliance with the DCSA requirements. This location is meant to service companies who are required to submit their fingerprints to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) electronically under the Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission (SWFT) Program for all types of background investigations.
IsI offers the following services in support of the SWFT Program:
- Digital Fingerprint capture and submission to FBI via SWFT.
- Digital Fingerprint capture and printing of hard copy cards.
- Hard copy card conversions to digital format and submission to FBI via SWFT.
- On-site Fingerprinting Services for larger groups (50 person minimum).
- IsI’s pricing is a per applicant fee with no contractual obligation.
- IsI accepts American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover for all services.
- Payments are due at the time of scheduling services via credit card.
- Fingerprinting is by appointment only, Submit or Schedule fingerprinting Now
Security Operations Office and Address for Fingerprinting
For the safety of our employees and those that we serve, if you or someone with you appears ill, our staff member may cancel your appointment or interview. We will assist you in rescheduling your appointment, without any penalty.